As a Teacher, how can I send Announcements to my Class?
Modified on: Fri, 18 Jun, 2021 at 10:37 AM
Post Announcements for a Class
- Select a class for which you are an Owner
- Click the text bar at the bottom that says “Type message here…”
- A modal box (pop-up) will appear to provide options for posting the announcement.
- Type your message in the space allotted.
- One attachment (image or document) can be added to the message.
- You will be prompted if the file is too big or not an accepted file type.
- JPEG, PNG, PDF, and Word are accepted.
- Select “Add Class Resources” if you wish to attach a file already loaded in the Class Resources. Or, “Browse from computer” to load a new file.
- A preview of your message will populate to the right of the text box, displaying what the SMS message will look like.
- SMS messages have a character limit of 300 characters.
- If the message extends past 300 characters, the rest of the message will be available via a link to the app.
- If you post an online video URL in the message, the video will populate in the message, and recipients will have the ability to view the video in the message.
- You can turn on Discussion - which enables a student to respond on a comment thread in response to the announcement.
- You can delete messages and disable discussion at any time.
- You have the option to Schedule your announcement. Click then:
- Select the Date and Time options and click to Schedule the message.
- The message will be sent by the system as scheduled.
- If not scheduled, click the button once your announcement is complete.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.